Ajman Saray, a Luxury Collection Resort
Ajman Saray, a Luxury Collection Resort was built with intent to be an eco‐friendly facility and targeted to achieve LEED Silver Certification. This intent was carried forward in developing effective design and management strategies to minimize the impact on the surrounding environment during construction and operational phase of the project.
Main Eco-friendly Features
- High Energy performance through highly insulated building envelope and high performance low e‐glazing
- Optimized performance through efficient water cooled centrifugal chillers and VFDs in secondary pumping system, cooling tower fans and FAHUs
- Potable water reduction through selection of water efficient fixtures
- Energy efficient lighting fixtures
- 10% of materials contain recycle content
- 20% of the materials used in construction were sourced regionally
- More than 85% of construction waste diverted from landfill
- Adhesives, sealants, paints and coatings contain low or no Volatile Organic Content (VOC)
- 57% reduction in potable water consumption for irrigation due to efficient landscaping, use of native species and drip irrigation systems
In addition to the above, our day to day operations is committed to taking small steps to minimize water and energy consumption and reduce waste. These include:
- Heart of House recycling of plastic, cans and paper. Printers in administration offices are programmed for double-sided printing.
- CFL lighting in the heart of the house to illuminate corridors.
- Building management system to control indoor air quality.
- Automatic system for energy management.
- Heat Recovery Systems are used to control emissions and avoid wasting energy.
- Implemented effective energy and water monitoring system to optimized building operations needs
LEED® is the foremost program for the design, construction and operation of green buildings. Over 50,000 projects worldwide are currently participating in the commercial and institutional LEED® rating systems, comprising over 9.3 billion square feet of commercial and institutional construction space, and more than 117,000 additional residential units in the U.S. and 135 countries worldwide.
Ajman Saray, a Luxury Collection Resort recognizes that all ambassadors and guests have an important role to play in protecting the environment for future generations, by achieving sound environmental practices across our entire operation. Through collaboration with suppliers, business partners, local authorities and our ambassadors we continually work to innovate and improve practices as follows:
- Adopt and maintain word-class environmental standards; developing the required mechanisms for their implementation in alignment with the vision of the Government of Ajman and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
- Minimize waste and pollution by reducing, re-using, repairing, re-filling and recycling the resources consumed by our business, whenever appropriate. Conserve natural resources by raising the level of environmental awareness among our ambassadors, guests and communities through various initiatives and community involvement events.
- Conserve natural resources by raising the level of environmental awareness among our ambassadors, guests and communities through various initiatives and community involvement events.
Sustainability Initiatives & Activities
Green Program: is an environmental program where stay-over guests will be able to decide if they would like to have their room linen and terry changed on a daily basis, or not. Guests are informed of this initiative upon check-in and may participate by not placing the Green Program card on their bed which informs the Housekeeping Attendant to not change the bed linen. Similarly, guests are informed that if they wish to reuse their terry, they can communicate this to us by putting the terry back in the towel racks.
MEETING ENVIRONMENTAL MISSION STATEMENT & POLICY
With the ever growing concern of global warming and human behaviors adverse impact on the environment, Ajman Saray, a Luxury Collection Resort is continuously looking for new ways to be environmentally responsible. Ajman Saray is committed to doing more to consume less and has implemented several environmental initiatives in the daily operation of the Hotel Banqueting Department:
- We offer clutter free meeting packages in our meeting rooms
- We offer sustainable meeting package and meeting supplies
- We offer linenless meeting tables
- We use energy-efficient digital signage
- We use recycled content paper products
- We use electronic sales tools
- We use green printing services
For information about our sustainable Meetings menus, please email: email@example.com